Friday, November 18, 2011

Riding on the Shoulder

BOTH shoulders are very painful today, stiff, tender and difficult to move.


I am the cook in the family, and Thanksgiving has always been my Oscar night since I inherited the family mantle from my beloved father-in-law. In the Thanksgiving kitchen, I am both control freak and attention diva. GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN NOW but please, lavish me with praise!


And now, sadly, I have to admit, I just can't do it. I don't have the energy for the day, the strength to deal with the heavy lifting or the inner peace to deal with the (self-imposed perfectionist) stress. So, we are having the feast catered by a local market. Whatever fibromyalgia will mean to me and us in its totality, we definitely know that it means real and profound change.

No comments: