Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My world and welcome to it!

I had a “simple” arthroscopic knee surgery this summer. Piece of cake, do it on a Friday, back to work on Monday with some physical therapy tossed in. Good as new in 3-4 weeks.

Well, I FELT GREAT a few days later, felt like a worldbeater.  But then..I started to feel terrible. Flu-like symptoms, fever, yup, an infection that went systemic.

First of all, AMAZING the response of my drs. Office. TOTAL LOCKDOWN. My initial thought, c’mon guys, I’m a lawyer. I’m not going to sue, just FIX IT!!

Then things started to happen. Pain in odd places. Hips, shoulders, I remember thinking “does every part of me have to hurt?”  From being a lifetime side sleeper where the shoulder aches to pain in the hips and the worst, the neck. What is this?

Unfortunately, it didn’t take long to figure out what it was, fibromyalgia. C’mon, only girls get this, right? (well, I do act and cook…) Not me, right?

Nope, me. No known cause, no known cure, and treatments that tend to suck. That’s for starters, will keep you posted.

No comments: