Thursday, November 17, 2011

I've had good days and bad days and goin' half-made days

Glinda asks Dorothy if she is a good witch or a bad witch. I meet each morning wondering if it is going to be a good day or a bad day.


I checked out some things on meditation from the library, and am going to try (although I think I am more Lazy Boy position than Lotus Position), adjusting my response and reaction to pain. Interesting piece in Tuesday's WSJ about the interplay between perception and pain. As one doctor says, " "I'm periodically trying to get into shape—I go to the gym and work out way too much and my muscles are really sore, but I interpret that as a positive. I'm thinking, 'I've really worked hard.' " A person with fibromyalgia might be getting similar pain signals, he says, but experience them very differently, particularly if she fears she will never get better." So I'm trying to focus on the positive.


"She said a good day ain't got no rain 
She said a bad day is when I lie in bed 
And I think of things that might have been"

No comments: